If you are a PeopleSoft developer you have probably spent countless hours on developing or modifying an application using PeopleCode and the application designer. Usually, you export the project to a file so that you can take them with you if you should leave your current project. So, what if you wanted to look at your code without importing the project?
Below is a great tip/tool from a colleague of mine that will allow you to view your project PeopleCode through your browser.
Let's assume that you exported your project to a file. There are two main project files created; an .XML file and a .INI file.
1. Place the following file named PeopleCodeViewer.xls into your Project folder along with the project files.PeopleCodeViewer.xsl
2. Place this file (PeopleCodeView.xsl) in the same folder along with your project files.
3. Modify the .XML file in your project folder by adding the following three lines to the top of the XML file.
- If you get an error in your browser when you view this, click on the View Menu and click View source to see the code.
4. Then add the following line of code to the bottom of the .XML file
Now you can double click on the .XML file and your browser will display the project code in your browser
This will allow you to search through the project and view the PeopleCode.